How does it work?
An Industrial Application
Our platform is a part of our total 4.0 service.
This setup represents an industrial machine that is part of a classic production setup or industrial production line.
The control system of the machine consists of an industrial PLC or an equivalent custom harddrive which provides a set of read and write registers with MODBUS protocol, both RS485 and TCP / IP.
The Atroos IOT Router provides the following features:
- Possibility of remote connection through a VPN Punto Punto client, which traverses the NATs, so as to reach all the devices connected to the Ethernet Switch present in the Atroos IOT Router and then manage them remotely. It is also possible to use the Atroos IOT Router’s web configuration interface.
- Remoting of the RS232 serial port on the user’s Personal Computer: the RS232 serial port of the device connected to the Atroos IOT Router will be shown as a COM interface on the user’s Personal Computer so that it can for example remotely connect device configuration software or an existing one software designed for use with local serial.
- Writing and reading of registers via MODBUS and communication of the same to the Cloud platform.
The Atroos IOT Platform is able to:
- Make VPN and Serial Remote services available.
- Collect and persist data in a way that can be used by the user through the Web Portal.
- Generate alarms communicated via e-mail with thresholds set on the Modbus register values.
- Offer SCADA functionality with the creation of customized Graphic Views.
- Implement the return channel to write the Modbus registers of the devices remotely via the Web Portal